Thoughts - Global Mapper v10.0
I received the following email this morning. Since I am a long time user of this software beginning with v6.00, I wanted to share the latest release information with my readers.
Global Mapper Software LLC is excited to announce the availability of Global Mapper v10.00 at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper_setup_v1000.exe . Just download that file and run it to install v10.00. It will install alongside any existing Global Mapper version, so you don't have to worry about losing what you're currently working on to evaluate it.
Numerous significant enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Global Mapper for this release. The most significant changes are described below:
- Added support for importing ESRI personal geodatabase (MDB) files.
- Added support for importing and exporting BigTIFF files.
- Added more control over placement of labels for point features. Now when choosing the font to use for point features, you can also choose where to place the label for the point relative to the point location. An automatic setting will try different locations to try and make the label fit.
- Added support for selecting/changing the layer that features are in when editing existing features and creating new ones with the Digitizer Tool.
- Added KML/KMZ Super Overlay Support! This allows working with huge data sets in Google Earth. The option to automatically grid the data on the KML/KMZ export dialog enables this behavior.
- Added support for creating new feature coordinates based on distance/bearing and/or COGO values from a start location using the Digitizer Tool.
- Added option on the Gridding tab for exports to grid to the currently selected area features. This will create a separate export file for each selected area feature. Naming can be done using the display labels or an attribute of the selected area feature(s).
- Added options when editing multiple features to rename attributes and also to copy the values of one attribute to a different attribute.
- Added new Coordinate Convertor option under the Tools menu to allow easily converting a coordinate between any two supported projections/datums/units.
- Added ability to Search Vector Data dialog to limit your search to the existing search results. This effectively allows you to query on multiple attributes/values.
- Added a large collection of new available line styles to use when rendering line features or area feature borders.
- Added option to crop a loaded raster layer to the currently selected area feature to the Cropping tab of the Raster Options dialog accessible from the Overlay Control Center.
- Added support for exporting loaded vector data to the MapInfo TAB/MAP format.
- Added support for exporting loaded 3D line and point data to the SEGP1 format.
- Made automatic collar cropping work for BSB marine charts.
All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.
Pricing for Global Mapper v10.00 is $299 US for a new single license, $269 US per license for 2-19 licenses, and $229 US per license for 20 or more licenses. Users with licenses for Global Mapper v9.xx can purchase an upgrade to v10.00 for only $99 US per license. Site license pricing is also available on request. As always, upgrades and new licenses can be purchased from the Purchase page at http://www.globalmapper.com.Let me know if you any problems or questions.
Thanks,Mike. Global Mapper Software LLC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Labels: Global Mapper